WGH Switzerland chapter has been launched!
To help us kick off, we were honoured to have the following speakers:
- Ambassador Nora Kronig, Vice-President, Member of the Senior Management, and Head of International Affairs, Swiss Federal Office of Public Health.
- Professor Dr Ilona Kickbusch, Professor, global health expert and Chairperson of the International Advisory Board, Global Health Centre, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
- Professor Dr Sonja Merten, Head of Unit, Society Gender and Health, Swiss TPH.
- Professor Dr Samia Hurst-Majno, Institute for Ethics, History, Humanities, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva.
- Ava Dubesset-Epiney, student of medicine and member of the Gender and Equity Working Group, University of Geneva.
Switzerland brings together a community of engaged people across the country to promote gender equity in health and pave the way for gender transformative leadership at national and international levels.
WGH Switzerland supports the global Women in Global Health movement, powered by over 60,000 supporters in 90 countries – many of which LMICs, and 39 official chapters. Together, we work to challenge power and privilege for gender equity in health. Co-founded in 2015 by Dr Roopa Dhatt, Women in Global Health is supportedby volunteers from around the world.
Hosted by the Swiss-based HumanImpact5 – Hi5 Association, the WGH Switzerland Chapter is a ‘platform of platforms’ for the global health initiatives undertaken by women in Switzerland, as well as the international Geneva-based global health landscape.
WGH Switzerland welcomes people of all genders, ages, career levels, cantons, and health-related sectors. If you live in Switzerland, are a Swiss national, or work in Swiss-based organization – public or private – and identify as working in global health, join us to share the vision of Women in Global Health!
The WGH Switzerland Chapter is currently led by a core group and functions as a community.